It is somewhat heartening to see that I am not the only one slipping on my de-stash resolution. But we've been at this for six + months now, so it is understandable that we've hit a bit of a lag. It is time, therefore, to put back on our de-stashing battle armor and return to the fray.
Last year for motivation I kept a log of what projects I had made and how much stash supplies they were using up compared to how much I was adding to my stash. (It was easier to do then, as I only bought two balls of yarn the entire year
) This year I figured out that I've used up around 18 balls of yarn in 8 different projects, and brought in around a dozen balls of yarn. Not exactly effective de-stashing, but since the new yarn is all fingering weight the volume has gone down considerably.