I was supposed to go to a wedding last Saturday, but I knew ahead of time that I wasn't going to be able to make it. So I made the bride this bag for her to haul some of her stuff around while getting ready on the big day - she told me that she's taken it with her to the beach everyday on their honeymoon.
She told me the color scheme was tangerine & white, with bright pinks & greens. I've had this fabric for a while now & was really excited to finally do something with it, because I LOVE it!
Unfortunatelly, it was as difficult to work with, as it is beautiful! & when I went to put my interfacing on, I realized that I had just ironed Heat'n'Bond as my interfacing, which I've never tried before (& I don't even know if you're supposed to use it for that??) So that made it a bit more difficult even & I was kind of nervous, but it turned out fine! And its actually stiffer & feels more stable than if I had used my regular interfacing.
So here it is:
& me, being a dork in my pajamas, "modeling" it
I used my Cricut to make the little taggy on it. (I just HAD to have that thing & it seems like I don't get much chance to use it, so I try to take advantage of it whenever I can! )
I was actually pleased with how it turned out & really tempted to keep it for myself! hah I had fun making it, but it might be a little while before I decide to tackle that fabric again, haha! Ohh, & when I was trying to hurry & finish - sewing at night, without my glasses - I ran a straight pin under my thumbnail, up to my cuticle OUCH! But I'm quite sure that will not be my last sewing injury!