heeeey guys!!! well, i just made my pro-est looking purse ever! i just need to add some straps but, yeah. i've made a couple of bags in my day but they're pretty ghetto. i made this out of some sheets from a bed set that my parents bought recently. this is what it looks like:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/rckfella/1.jpg
i miss-calculated the size so instead of being big enough for my books, i can barely fit my binder, but it's okay!
n e wayz, here's how i made it.
1. I took the two different fabrics, one for the inside and the other for the outside. i had a third fabirc, i'm not sure what it is but it's very thick. i used it to make the bag sturdy basically. you can skip that if your fabric is strong enough. okay, so, anyways, i wanted my purse to be <---------15''---------> by 15'' long so, i cut the stirp 15" by 30" so i could fold it over and sew it. so, i layered the fabric like thishttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/rckfella/5.jpg
make sure that they're all the same size, obviously.
2. sew all along but leave a space big enough for you handhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/rckfella/6.jpg
3. stick your hand in there and pull the fabric out so that the right sides are out. so in my case, one side is green and the other pink. take the machine and sew out the space that you left for your hand. i used black thread, and it looks kinda bad, but i don't care. okay, so now, fold the fabric in half, and this is going to be the size of your purse. so, i wanted the pinkish side on the outside, so i folded it inside out and sewed the sides. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/rckfella/7.jpg
4. turn it back out to it's right side, which in my case is pink, and then just add some straps. i'm actually going to unsew about and inch from the top so i can slip in some of the strap and then sew it back.
5. if you want to add a little space for pencils on the inside do it before you sew all three fabrics together.
okay, i'm actually confused by this tutorial myself, haha, so feel free to ask me any questions! i'd appreciate any feed back!!!!!!!