Seeing cranberry pie on Iron chef america, I thought, huh, wonder what that taste likes?... The verdict is in... It's super tasty! I couldn't get any pics of it whole, we devoured it so quick! Here's a pic of it after it's been destroyed.
I used the dough recipe I posted here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=281865.0
, and this is how I made the filling:
1. Put 1 large bag of fresh cranberries in a sauce pan
2. Add 2 1/2 cups water
3. Add 2 1/2 cups of sugar (cranberries are extremely tart, but if you'd like to add less sugar you could) and stir together over med heat on the stove.
4. Reduce mixture on a low simmer until it thickens up.
5. take off heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of dissolved cornstarch.
6. Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 for15-20 min or until crust starts to brown.
7. Let pie cool (it will thicken as it cools)
Enjoy and happy holidays!