Here is my addition to Lilyvanilli's rooster/chicken towel:
It's an Aunt Martha vintage pattern which I loved and look forward to making more of!
Here's the overview of the towel:
And here is a closeup of my rooster:
One thing I like about this swap is that I've been challenging myself to try new things with each piece. This time it was my first attempts at lazy daisy and long and short stitch. I like long and short, and love the way filled in bits look, even if my long and short is a little less even than I'd like. Lazy daisy, not so much. Takes forever and doesn't come out looking that great, at least not for me so far.
I also used more strands than I usually do (3 or 4 instead of 2) to be consistent with the other parts of this towel that were stitched more thickly.
I also was slightly bummed that a fabric flaw fell right in the middle of my design; i didn't see it until after the transfer was finished. But I've decided it just gives my rooster a bit more personality!
I absolutely love the way this towel is turning out, everyone's work is gorgeous and all the bright colors are so much fun!