So I made this really cute water bottle holder this weekend. And I just wrote out a tutorial for it. I will have a picture of the finished product when I get the camera to work again. So, fellow Craftsters, please enjoy.
Water Bottle Cozy Tutorial
What You Need:
* Water Bottle
* Safety Pin
What You Do:
1. Take a piece of paper and a pencil and trace around the bottom of your water bottle. Make sure the circle is bigger than the bottom of your water bottle. Pin it on the fabric and cut it out.
2. Measure how tall your bottle is from the bottom to the lid. Mark this on the paper and make a pattern. Cut the fabric accordingly.
3. Pin the edges of your fabric together and sew them. Then put the circle you cut out on the bottom of your fabric tube and pin it on. Gather the fabric a little as you sew.
4. Turn the fabric inside out so the seams are on the inside. Try it on your bottle and see how it looks.
5. Fold down the top edges of your holder and pin them. Sew.
6. Cut some yarn and tie one end of it. Tack the end down to any hard surface and braid it. After you finish that, take a safety pin and attach it to one end of the braid. Pull it through and tie it in a bow. Voila!
7. Show off your hot new water bottle holder!
Tutorial by Craftster Goddess DancinInTheDark.
February 10, 2008