Hey everyone! Haven't been on here in forever but I have a new DIY to share with you. Here it is!
Also, I want to apologize for the pictures. I took them with my iPod touch so they might look a little wonky.
What you do:
First, grab your materials.
T-shirt scraps in red, white, and blue
Flattened bottle cap
Needle and thread
"1" circle punch
Flower petal pattern
Extra fine marker
1. Grab your bottle cap and flatten it. It should look like this. I like to use pliers and just squish the rim down.
2. Score it with your knife. This makes it easier for the glue to stick.
3. Glue the fleece on your cap. The fleece makes the middle of your flower more dimensional.
4. Cut it out.
5. Flip it fleece side down and glue a scrap of T-shirt on top.
6. Cut around the scrap, creating a circle.
7. Cut little slits all around your circle. This makes tabs you can fold over and glue down.
8. Glue the tabs down.
9. Grab your pattern and your red shirt. Draw around it. I do this twice to make a long enough piece for the flower.
10. Pin your petals together and cut them out.
11. Stagger your two pieces and sew along the bottom using a running stitch.
12. Gently pull on the thread. This gathers your flower petals so it looks more like a flower. Sew around the back, making sure it stays flat.
13. Grab your white T-shirt and cut two strips off. Stretch them out to make yarn. Make a loop and test its size against your flower.
14. Make enough loops to go around your flower, tacking them together with thread. When you have enough loops, glue them in the middle of the flower and glue the center down on top of them. Let dry.
15. Cut three circles out and glue together. This is the back of your pin.
16. Glue a scrap piece over the circles and let dry. Cut it out.
17. Cut slits again and glue down.
18. Glue the back on your pin. Let dry.
19. Glue a pin back on it and rock your pin!