I made this gown for my Fibers class this semester. These photos are the documentation for the project. The ballgown is made from a vintage Gunne Sax pattern. It was the most complicated pattern I've ever used, which was actually pretty fun. I also made the hairpieces, they're mostly those weird fake plants from Michael's that I spray painted black and I hot glued clear river rocks inside the flowers and drew eyes on them. Many thanks to my roommate Deirdre for modeling. The location is Ringing Rocks Park in PA.
I made this cake for my friend's birthday party. He's really into Star Wars. It's Yoda's house, pretty much based on the Dagobah map from Star Wars Battlefront II, because we are really that nerdy. I couldn't find a Yoda figurine so I bought a pez dispenser of his head and made the body out of candy and colored sugar.
I finally took pictures of what Interrobam (Emily) sent me! I lost my camera cord for a few days, sorry about the delay haha.
She made me this really detailed and wonderful Luna plushie. It came with three different outfits on their own little wire hangers. Every detail is cared for, there are little buckles on her shoe and her bra has a little hook and eye. I totally love it. There are three different hair options that velcro on and off, too.
She made me little felt Beedle the Bard charms, and one of a purple Voldemort face based on a cupcake I made years ago haha.
My edible present was wands that were really chocolate/vanilla covered pretzels in these really nice packages.
And she made me a wonderful hand made and hand-beaded bag that I love and will definitely be taking to the movie. It has a Moaning Myrtle stencil.
I made this dress out of a vintage slip I got at a thrift store. The top is stretchy lace with shoulder pads. It's kinda weird because the shoulder pads aren't sheer but the rest is, but I think it looks cool. I kept the original skirt and added seventeen layers of ruffles... was more lace than I dreamed it would take haha.
I had a lot of fun making this romper out of some ridiculous pants I found at my thrift store. The pants are a kelly green knit and they are vintage Express. They are pleated in the front and have side pockets, and had a really pronounced taper at the ankle. They are elasticized at the back.
So I made the top part out of jersey, it's just a really basic double scoop. I sewed on the shorts just like you'd sew a skirt to the waist of a dress and I hemmed the pants into shorts. That was it! The jersey is stretchy and the pants have elastic so it just slips on! It's pretty comfy. You just have to make sure the torso of the top is long enough so the shorts don't ride up haha.
My inspiration, of course, being the subheading of the Home Sweet Home Reconstructed board. I've been wanting to do this for years. We gutted the bottom part and took out the motor and all the electric stuff is hidden inside. My dad did all the wiring, I pretty much just did the idea part haha.