I'm planning a hello kitty birthday party for my daughter who will be two in only 6 days. She doesn't watch TV either, but she loves cats. I chose hello kitty for a couple reasons 1) her love of cats, 2) all hello kitty stuff is girly and cute, 3) I dont like princess theme stuff, and 4) Hello kitty stuff is widely available online. We are having the party on the 20th. The attendees will be ages 2 - 10, but I've found girls of all ages love hello kitty.
I found tons of free printables on the sanrio.com page. There are lots of hello kitty fan pages as well. I've printed out free coloring sheets, paper dolls, stationary sets, calendars and images. I'm making felt goodie bags with hello kitty on the front. (these are really simple ones with ribbon handles)
So far I'm planning on..
- everything hot pink and apple green
- a cupcake stand with store bought cupcakes with hello kitty picks that I make using scrapbook paper and my computer printer. I'm making the stand as well out of free stuff. I may splurge and order cupcake rings from Amazon.. they are only $3/doz.
- I'm decorating a large wall in the entry with pictures of her throughout the year so you can see how much she has changed. I've got one for each month. The plan is to mount each picture on foam board. I'm also going to print out some more hello kitty images and mount those on foam board to stick on the wall to make it a little more festive.
- A banner to go on the picture wall. I have an awesome color laser printer that does print shop quality... so I've made an 11x17 banner
- Another pendant style banner (for the party area)-- the ones you typically see for sale in party shops.. just going to make my own with craft paper, my printer, cardboard from cereal boxes and satin ribbon
- hot pink and apple green colored crystal lite
- plain hot pink and apple green colored plates, napkins, forks, spoons (not buying expensive pre-printed stuff, it just doesn't match my color theme)
- table centerpieces - I bought some fountain style centerpieces from the dollar tree, which have a hotpink and green base. I'm removing the other colors and printing some coordinating hello kitty things to staple on it. I may do hot pink and apple green flowers on one of the tables.
- lots of balloons in hot pink/green
- those huge tissue paper pom pom flowers to hang from cieling, might put some on "stems"
- paper lanterns in coordinating colors (you can make your own, just google it)
- lots of hot pink tule to use for decorating -- tie to the backs of chairs, decorate her high chair, etc.. Last year I made a high chair cover to coordinate with her party stuff. If I have time I may do that this year.
- Breakfast buffet... fresh fruit, yogurt, donuts, breakfast tacos, etc.. I'm delegating this task to my husband! ha!
- white chocolate covered oreos done in cookie mold (thinking about coloring the white chocolate to match my color scheme
- Custom water bottle labels. Just buy regular water bottles and print your own labels, stick them on with clear packaging tape.
- Juice boxes in hot pink and apple green colors
Birthday girl will also have a coordinating hello kitty outfit with t-shirt, felt kitty bow, hot pink tutu and hot pink ballet flats
For entertainment, I'm still working on that. I think we may play a game of pin the bow on hello kitty. I'm also thinking about getting a pinata. We may get one of those blow up jumping things, just need to see how many rsvps we get.
Goodie bags for kids:
boys - will get sponge bob stuff... my son picked that out.
girls will get..
Favors found on $1 rack at JoAnn's - pencil boxes, stamps, stacking pencils
Dollar tree finds - hot pink / apple green plastic jewelry
Stationary set - I made these in power point and printed them out, I also made a cute folder for them to fit it all in... matching envelopes at hobby lobby.
Custom printed color book (made by me) They will be standard size paper folded in half.
Custom blank notebook
Purse size calendar printed from sanrio.com (I have my own binding machine... I know I'm spoiled
Felt hello kitty bag
Thinking about making hello kitty felt stuffies.. there are patterns online.
Lastly want to mention most of my inspiration is from hostessblog.com and http://www.accenttheparty.com/party-blog?category=1
Hope you have a crafty and fun party!!