Last friday was my bestfriends birhtday and for her birthday i baked her a cake.
I got this recipe from the local newspaper. It's really nice. Fluffy and light cheesecake.
I love the biscuit base as well.
The center of the cake cracked abit cause i beat the eggs too long.
I covered it up with sprinkles.
The wording was done with some premade icing that i bought from poon huat.
I kinda wrote it 2 days before her birthday and thus it condensed and smudged slightly in the fridge.
Here are some pictures and the recipe!
200g plain biscuits, such as digestives
175g caster sugar
500g cream cheese
200g sour cream
rind of one lemon, finely grated
juice of half lemon
NOTE: if you want biscuit crust on the sides of the cake as well as the base, increase the amount of biscuits to 250g and butter to 125g
1. Pre--heat oven to 160 deg C
2. Line the base of a 20cm-diameter springform baking pan with baking paper
3. melt the butter in a pot ( i used the microwave)
4. Place the biscuits in a brown paper bag. Roll and tap with a rolling pin until all the biscuits are finely ground ( i pounded the biscuits for this one)
5. Add the ground biscuits to the melted butter and mix well.
6. Press the mixture onto the base of the baking pan and up the sides as well if you wish.
Put the crust in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
7. Place the eggs and sugar in a larage bowl and beat until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is creamy
8. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream with a wooden spoon until there are no lumps. Try not to overmix (very impt). Stir in the lemon juice and grated lemon rind. Combine the cheese and egg mixtures.
9. Remove the crust fromt he fridge and pour in the filling.
10. Place in the oven and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. A cheesecake will be 'soft' when it is done but should not be 'wobbly' near the centre. another sign that it is almost ready is whent he surface turns froms hiny to dull.
11. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
Refrigerate for at least a few hours before eating.
12. Either leave it plain or decorate the top with fruit of your hcoice such as blueberries. strawberries and kiwi fruit
2 Tbs sugar
1/4 cup cold water
2 tsp corn flour
1 Tbs lemon juice
1. Put the sugar, water. cornflour and lemon juice in a small pot
2. Heat, stir until thickened.
3. Add half the blueberries and continue to cook until they are soft
4. Allow to cool. ARrange the remaining blueberries on the top of the cake then spread the topping over. Refrigerate until ready to serve.