I've been working on these socks on and off since about February. You know how it is...you finish the one sock and can't seem to bring yourself to cast on and start over. However, once I ordered yarn for the Clapotis (I know, I know, I'm years behind the times), I found new momentum because I swore to myself that I was GOING to finish these socks before I so much as unwound a skein of that lovely Lion and Lamb. Talk about motivating factors...
I used this pattern for Aran Braid Socks for Teri: http://www.knitlist.com/97gift/aransocks.htm
(Aside: This pattern has some major mistakes in it, but with some ripping out and frantic emails to mom, I soldiered through.)
The pattern up the side is sort of a double cable that looks like celtic knotwork, and a single strand of that carries on down the foot.
My socks ended up a little big because, even after subtracting 4 stitches from the circumference, I have narrow feet. I'm hoping that if I toss them in the dryer once, they'll shrink enough to not be baggy on my feet.
Sorry for the giant photos; I didn't look at them before I uploaded them.