Finally finished! Today I wove in the ends and blocked my Demeter Vest. The pattern is basically the Demeter Camisole (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/demeter-camisole
) from Sensual Knits worked in Noro Kureyon Sock. I made some modifications though, due to the striping yarn. Firstly, I changed the neckline by working straight across, back and forth. The cute little split in the original version was going to wreak havoc with getting my stripes to line up.
Then on the bottom lace edging I originally thought I could make it come out half black / half purple so that the fact that it's worked sideways wouldn't show in the stripes too much. However, the stripes weren't long enough for that and it was coming out colorblocked. I frogged and went with 2 repeats of the lace pattern from Marigold Socks (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/marigold-socks
) then 1 row knit, 1 row purl, and a purl bind off. This gave it a nice wavy, lacy edge.
I love that there are both brown and black stripes in the yarn -- makes it much more versatile.
Front View - shown over brown tee
Back View - shown over black tee
Detail shot of lace edging
2 more shots: