I made these pads over the past few days. I'm still working on getting it just right though they're easy to sew together. I'll be making more over the next few days. I will have to wait to see how the soaker part works, I made the smaller liners (the blues) with just two layers of natural cotton batting. The tops on those are organic bamboo/cotton velour.
It was a PITA to sew so for the larger pads I opted for just regular flannel tops.
I'm liking the second option I tried with the pink pads, where the liner is a seperate entity from the "wings". These are "regular" sized and I used one layer of Zorb and one layer of natural batting. It's a little stiff and hard to fold up so I might make the wings larger on the next set. Though it may soften up with washing.
I didn't realize I color coded them, the small liners are blues and the regular size are pink. I'm going to go ahead and do this for the overnight size too which I think will make it easier to pick them out of the pile.