It has taken me a month to finish my bedroom. I planned on removing two layers of wallpaper (yes, the previous owners just papered over paper) to paint. It turned into a much bigger project becuase there were actually 5! layers of wallpaper. The only good thing was that removing them all was like being in a time machine. Here's the finished product, although the rom is not yet decorated:
Here's what it started out as:
Below that (yikes!)
I'm very happy with the end product. I painted a light gray and then a coat of darker gray with glaze and then streaked it with a whick broom. I removed the varnish from the gross pine floor and stained it dark. I did some research on painting over wallpaper, which should never happen. But there is no way I could get past the aqua layer. I ended up paiting it with oil-based primer (to seal out moisture) and then skim coating the whole walls. It seems to be holding up.