First challenge entry!
I recently bought a set of bamboo dpns and straights and needed a place to store them all. I picked out some precut fabric from walmart and went to work! I have 18 pairs of straights so I needed at least that many pockets wide. I laid all my needles out over the different fabrics and decided 3 rows would be the best way to go. I first measured around all the sets of dpns thinking they were bigger and needed more room and the other pairs would fit either way... I didn't have enough room for the 18 sets of straights. So I measured out 18 spots that where about 1.2 inches wide. Success!
It took a bit more fiddling to find out the right heights for the 3 rows, and I opted for the 3rd row to be slanted in case I need to fit some smaller needles back there. I left enough fabric on the top so that I could have a flap that folded over to keep any stray needles from falling out.
I got a lot of inspiration from looking at pictures on google and such, but didn't follow anyone particular.
It's not perfect, my seams could be straighter but I love it. I'm so glad I chose the colors I did! They make me happy!
Here is a close up of it..
And here is what it looks like rolled up! It is huge, I feel like I'm holding a yoga mat or something haha I love the red on the outside!