This is my very first attempt at knitting something that is not a hat or bootie or blanket. It's also my first attempt with using so many colors.
I made many mistakes. So many that I wanna slap myself.
Firstly, the changing of colors are so messy. The garment puckered on 1 side because I carried the yarn up the side too tightly.
Secondly, I was too lazy to do a gauge swatch. So it turned out WAY TOO SMALL for my baby. A premie baby could wear this I suppose.
Thirdly, the patterned called for an increase of the sleeves once every 4 rows. I did it once every 3 rows because I thought you had to include the 1st row in the increase. -___-
Everything is in a mess (you won't be able to tell from the picture but there are holes where I don't want them to be and the WS of the garment has ends sticking out because I didn't weave them in properly.
I also got bored with the garter stitch so I will never attempt another project that calls for only garter stitching. Not motivated enough!
And my daughter wearing it BEFORE I sewed on the buttons.
I will do better next time.