I didn't cook this, but I figured this was the best place for it anyway (sorry if I'm wrong!)....
I threw my bf a birthday party, but he lives a couple of hours away. I didn't think I would be able to make a cake and transport it safely, so instead I made a candy cake!
low-temp glue gun
floral styrofoam rounds- any sizes that you can layer
(i used two per layer to make the layers taller)
lots of candy!
Instructions: I recommend doing this on top of something like a garbage can....cause the styrofoam gets a little messy.
1. glue the two rounds for the bottom layer together.
2. start gluing candy to bottom layer, around the side (fill in space on the top after you put the second layer on).... i lined them up around the sides, and leaned them up before gluing so i could evenly space the candy.
3. Glue together the second layer pieces, center on top of bottom layers and then glue onto bottom layer.
4. Add more candy! (only around the sides, fill in the tops after)
5. Last layer, repeat previous process.
6. Stick lollipops into the top layer and tie with ribbon.
7. Eat the candy cake!
Hopefully, that makes sense, because it was really easy and a lot of fun to make! I bet there's all kinds of things you could do to change it up, make tons of tiers, or one giant rectangular cake...