Swap name: Altered Puzzle Pieces R6Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411738.0
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: llisaredd
Sign-up date range: 2 July 2012 - 17 July 2012
Date to send pieces to be altered: 25 July 2012
Date to send final altered puzzle pieces: 20 August, 2012
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 swappers
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? Craftster rules
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Altered Puzzle Pieces R6
Finish that puzzle you started last year or start a new puzzle. You purchase or re-purpose a jigsaw puzzle - it can be wood or cardboard - and send 2 pieces to each partner. You can send two random pieces or two neighboring pieces. You choose the theme or themes, or select "Artist's Choice" and your two pieces are returned to you painted, decorated, embellished and fabulous! Think ATCs or inchies - just in a different configuration. Puzzle pieces can be challenging to alter, but the sky is the limit.
There will be 4 groups of 6. You will have a total of 5 partners to send to and receive from. So you will be sending a minimum of 10 pieces to be altered and will be altering a minimum of 10 pieces for your partners
. If you are interested in being in more than one group please let me know on the questionnaire. You may be in a maximum of 3 groups (which would possibly mean sending and receiving 30 pieces total: for 2 groups you would possibly send and receive 20 pieces total). Please understand that multiple groups are contingent on other participants. If not enough people are interested then we will only have the original 4 groups of 6. Also, these multiple groups may not be an even 6 participants depending on the number interested, restrictions due to allergies, and willingness to ship internationally.
This is open to international partners. Since we will be sending envelopes postage shouldn't be too high so please consider being willing to ship internationally for this swap ESPECAILLY if you want to be in multiple groups. Speaking personally, it's pretty neat to have something made by people from all over the world. ***Change to swap: DC#s are encouraged for this swap, but are not required.***
Communication is vital for a fun swap. You are asked to post in the discussion thread at least once a week. You are asked to be timely in responding to pms from your partners and the organizer. When sending pms to the organizer please use the following in the subject line: Altered Puzzle Pieces R6. Please pm the organizer and your partners when: you send your pieces to be altered, you send altered pieces to a partner (please name the partner), and you receive an altered piece from a partner (please name the partner). If you have any questions regarding communication please ask in the discussion thread or send the organizer a pm.As organizer I reserve the right to refuse any applicant based on poor feedback.
While waiting for partners, you should:
1. Buy or choose a puzzle.
2. Assemble and number the backside of EACH piece to assist you when reassembling your puzzle.
3. Decide if you want the pieces facing the same way or all over the place. Add arrows to backs of pieces to indicate which direction. (On the questionnaire, I will ask if your pieces are one direction or any direction).
4. Choose your theme or themes. Again, this will be asked on the questionnaire.
5. You can write a letter to include with your pieces and make your wishes known - glitter or no glitter, 3-D or no 3-D, words or no words, whatever guidelines you have for your finished pieces. You can also say "Artist's choice with an ocean theme" or "Artist's Choice" - this means each partner will decorate/alter the pieces in his/her own way and you will have a puzzle with a random look.
6. Remember, you will send out your pieces to each partner for altering. You may want to copy or trace pieces before sending out if anything goes missing.
Here are some Craftster altered puzzle masters and mistresses:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363501.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361510.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360625.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=359769.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355620.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355110.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351118.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349476.0
Past Altered Puzzle Pieces Gallieries:
Round 1 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317473.0
Round 2 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=326587.0
Round 3 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=372591.0
Round 4 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386111.0
Round 5 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=402222.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of swap: Altered Puzzle Pieces R6
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you will use a DC# if shipping within the US or save your receipt as proof of shipping if shipping internationally (Yes/No) Changed - DC#s are encouraged, but not required for this swap
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (Yes/No)
Will you post in the discussion thread at least once a week?
Can you take photos when you receive?
Will you take photos before sending?
List a theme or themes for your puzzle pieces:
Do you want partners to decorate/alter in one direction?
Do you want/like 3-D embellishments? (This is relevant if you plan to frame your completed puzzle.)
You may be in UP TO 3 groups. Do you want to be in a more than one group? If so, how many?
Any allergens in your house? (pets, smoke)
Any allergens you must not be exposed to?
Anything YOU DO NOT WANT TO receive (nudity, profanity, something else)?
Any other guidelines you'd like your partners to follow?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.