We have a gallery http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343559.0
Swap name: The ren/fantasy faire swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Scaramouche
Sign-up date range: Feb 2nd - Feb 22th
Date to send item by: April 5th
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional Age requirement? NoSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: yes
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: yes
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: yes!Make sure you read the entire swap information (yes that means all the little bits of info )General info
This swap is for all those; Kings, Queens, Maids, Wenches, Pirates, Fearies, Elves, Goblins and craftstman (no racism intended if your not in there you can still join
) Who like going to any type of faire (fantasy, steampunk, medieval, Gothic, Renaissance etc.) It's also open to reenactors and Larpers who enjoy faire life.
Ideas about what to make: Accesoires, Jewelry, bags, hats, costumes or costume parts like vests, corsets, skirts etc., Journals.
I'm going to be pairing partners up as much as possible according to shared interests. Therefore I hereby warn you it's quite extensive.
This swap asks for 1 large, 1 medium and 1 small, there is some room for spoiling but please make sure you agree with your partner cause this might become a somewhat international swap. Sending:
DC numbers will be required for sending in the USA, all other participants will be asked to send a scanned reciept.Signin-up and communication
For all the communication about this swap I'd like to ask you to include Faire swap
in the subject line. Otherwise I might accidentally overlook your message.
I'd also like everyone to post in this thread once a week, because this will be quite a long running swap (especially with the long sign-up range included) I don't want to see anyone go missing in action.If you want to participate, information to send to organizer.QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
You understand you have to use a DC number or a scanned reciept when sending:
What kind of faires do you attend (where, inside or outside etc.)
What kind of activities do you do when at a faire (dancing, organising stuff, costume competions, reenactment, Larp?)
Do you dress-up, if yes, please include which style.
Do you have any characters walking around? If yes who are they?
Does your particular job/dress up ask for historically correct gear?
Are you just enjoying the life at faires or are you also living the lifestyle on a daily basis?
What colors do you like?
What colors do you hate?
Any prints you like?
Any prints you hate?
Any materials you like?
Any materials you hate?
What kind of crafts do you usually do?
What kind of crafts would you like to recieve?
Any items you'd really like to recieve?
Any things you're strongly opposed to (nudity, religious stuff, feathers etc.)
Allergies; got any?
Does your home contain anything that might cause allergies(pets, smoke, etc.)
Do you have a wist?
Feel free to list any extra information here for your partner to know.