...so I'm obsessed with Hoshi no Kaabi and Kirby in general. He's adorable. I mean, come on, look at that face!
How can you not adore him?
Anyway, I had the bright idea of dressing up as Kirby for the next Anime Detour!
How kawaii would that be?
I've seen other Kirby cosplayers, but they only wear, you know, pink clothes, pink shoes. I want to be the real deal. I want to BE Kirby (I'm crazy, I know).
A quick Photobucket search brought up this image of someone cosplaying Kirby, which I really like:
The only problem is, I'm 5'8" and thus could not fit into that costume. It's cute, though.
Basically, my costume needs to be the following things:
* Round and pink (of course!)
* It needs to STAY round (that is, it needs some type of support to keep it up)
* It needs to be able to be seen out of
* I need to be able to reasonably walk around in it (but not for a long period of time; I don't plan on wearing it all day)
* It can't be too heavy
* It needs some way of sitting on my shoulders or head or whatever
* I do not need to be able to use the hands to actually grab things, but it would be nice to be able to put my hands in them to move them around for pictures
Does anyone have any idea of how to achieve these goals? Could someone math up a sphere size that would fit me in it? I was thinking of making the costume over my top half (head to knees) and then making the shoes out of duct tape to cover my calves and feet since I'll be a huge Kirby anyway. As for the actual costume, I am totally unsure - I thought about making a wire frame and then covering it with pink fabric, then doing iron-on transfers of the eyes, pink spots and mouth, but I'm not sure how that would work out for me to be able to see.
Also, quick side note: does anyone know if it's possible to get a cheap and reasonably loud speaker system/recorder thing that I could use to make it sound like Kirby's saying his trademark "Poyopoyo~!" (or alternatively, "Hiiiiii~!")? I thought maybe my iPod with my speaker system strapped to my arms might work, but I don't have a way to power that.
If anyone can help me with this, it's Craftster. Thanks for any help you can give me!
(edited to add: there is what appears to be a full-size? Kirby costume here
but I believe it was made by Nintendo for their commercial, so of course they had all the resources they needed...)