My second pattern that I've drafted. I can't wait for it to warm up so that she can wear it. This is made from two layers of light cotton. I accidentally sewed the bottom ruffle on backward somehow (the hem was showing on the outside
) but I managed to cut it off and sew it back on LOL I like how this one turned out.
and here's an action shot! It's still a bit big, but I'm assuming she'll grow by this summer
Soooooo, I found some adorable fabric and I went to work making a sun suit. Unfortunately, it went horribly wrong some where! Apparently, what I really made was a clown costume LOL This, sadly, was my first time sewing with a pattern. After this fiasco, I think I'm going to stick with making my own patterns from here on out!
and, without further ado, here is the embarrassment!
I had to tinker with the patter A LOT to even get it to look this good! I added elastic to the bottom of the leg holes and added the elastic to the middle to help pull it in a bit. Before it was just one giant piece of tossed elephant fabric. Holy Clown Costume Batman!
So, I had to try it on her just to see if it was really as bad as I thought
Yeah, she's not really sure what she thinks of it.
Well, Mom, maybe it's not so bad after all!
While it does look better on the model, I still think it's a disaster LOL Of course, I think she could make anything look cute.