My bro in law just graduated college, so instead of a "congrats" card, I made him a 3-d viewmaster slide thingy with my own pictures!
1. purchase view master and slide wheel thingies
2. use tutorial from photojojo on stereophotography (http://photojojo.com/content/tutorials/3d-stereo-photography/
) to take 3-d pictures
3. resize the pics to fit in the teeny holes
4. get them printed on transparency paper at high quality
5. place them in the correct holes on the slide
6. look then more the pictures so that they become 3-d
Check it out! (there isn't much to see...)
and the pictures (my left eye pic is on the top, my right eye pic is on the bottom)
the story is pretty simple- there was only room for 7 picture sets per slide. So it start with a character confused and pensive about what to do, then a magical fairy comes and "tada" he knows what to do. then the "congrats" card.
Simple but super fun and surprisingly cool! We will see what bro thinks!