My first attempt at using fondant for more than just a cover! In fact, I didn't want the whole cake fondant, so it's buttercream frosting with fondant characters. The top frog layer was the smoosh cake!
It took a little over six months to handstitch the top, then after a year break from working on it, it took another six months to quilt and bind it and it's just about done...a few more to quilt! I loved making this quilt. It was so easy to work on in little bits here and there. My sister and I worked on it together, which was tricky since we live in Ecuador and Alaska! It has travelled all over! Enjoy the pics...
thanks for inspiration MEWYAM!!! your bags are great! i tried to make one, but i made it way too small, so i ended up sewing it onto a "jordy" bag! still works good, and i like it! here's some pics of what it is supposed to look like, and what it does look like. (thanks for the tutorial!)
i've been hooked on making these all day...and here is my favorite one so far, i used an old t-shirt and some crazy red fabric to accent it. it has a liner and is still really lightweight and can fit a ton of yarn and roving in it!