Holy crap, I finished the body. In three days.
It remains to see if I finish the sleeves, like, tomorrow, or if it will lay there mocking me for weeks.
Three days -- wow! I knitted pretty steadily (well, steadily for me) for four weeks to finish the body. (It was interrupted briefly by a sock knit.) Please hope that the Red Sox come back against Cleveland; more baseball means the project will get done quicker.
I don't know how to do I-cord trim, but I'm taking a knitting class to broaden my skills and off to learn this a.m.!!
Melladh: Yours is looking great. Your pinwheel is more pronounced than mine, which looks terrific. Maybe it's the yarn choice. My smallest circle also has a little hump to it. I'm thinking that it's because I knit tighter on my DPNs than my circs. (I've since learned the magic loop and will never go back.) I'm hoping that blocking will flatten it.
If the Red Sox stay in it, I should have a finished product within the week. If not, it may take a little longer.
Thanks for all the support and advice on the sleeves. I'm so glad I found this knitalong.