We bought this dresser for my daughter when she was a toddler (about 10 years ago) and it finally became to small to hold everything and since her desk was "little kid" size as well I took the dresser and turned it into a "big girl" (don't tell her I said that!) desk.
It turned out to be a lot easier than I expected, the hardest part was waiting for drying times.
And since I used the hardware from the the dresser the only thing I had was the paint and polyacrylic.
She picked out the stencils and I used the paint we had leftover from painting her room:
I also gave her a chalkboard square (2 tablespoons unsanded grout and between 3/4 and a cup of any paint)
There are more progress pictures and information on my blog if anyone is interested.
Thanks for looking!