My mom had painted a small wooden table in Mary Engelbreit style/design and I loved it, so when I saw this chair that was my first thought, it would look so much better bright and colorful, so I set to work.
My before chair:
This was actually a dumpster find, so cost nothing except for the price of the red paint that I didn't already have on hand. Not the best before picture, you can see that it had started rusting and was cracked down the middle. I sanded off 3 layers of paint, a peach, a cream, and the original white. After sanding I repaired the crack with wood glue and sanded yet again. And took the whole thing apart so I could clean the rusted parts for hours on end ( no pics). Then I painted it energy red:
The red wasn't enough for me so I added some black accent stripes, which I neglected to take a picture of, and then set to work painting the seat:
The detail that I wanted for the back (not sure what the technical name for this part of the chair is) was beyond my painting skills so I decoupaged pictures pictures on to it:
Many coats of varnish, and I have a great garden chair!
Thanks for taking the time to look at my entry.