I decided I'd try embroidering my 17pence (scary cheap) tea towel. What better than lolcats?
which I then traced in PaintShopPro and tried doing the laser printer normal print out and ironing onto the fabric thing... didn't work really well so I just got out my light box and a soft pencil and sketched it on and used the traced line outline and original photo to guide me.
I didn't print out the letters. Doing those freehand makes it look more cutesy, wonky and homemade (or stitched by a cat).
Stitches used... mostly backstitch, a bit of straight stitches for the whiskers and some of the parts of the letters, a few French knots for the various dots needed and two lazy daisy stitches for the black part of the eyes.
It took me a few hours to stitch, maybe an hour combined of doing a quick trace and printing stuff out and trying to get it to transfer (and failing horribly) then sketching out the design instead.
The weird pattern on the fabric is my ironing board cover showing through the incredibly thin and cheap fabric.
My next plan is ... I have another one of these tea towels and I really like the I HAS A CORM hamster so I've already traced and printed him out. I'll try to print out the text too so it doesn't get as sloppy looking as this one.