Life's been crazy, so I haven't posted anything in a very long while. However, I recently finished a bunch of Sculpey projects and thought I would share! All the cats in this post were made of original Sculpey and hand-painted with acrylic paint. They were based off of cats owned by myself and a friend, so I have included photos of the real versions. ^_^ To avoid making this post ridiculously image-heavy, most of the photos are thumbnails. PLEASE view the full-sized pictures!
A group shot of all the kitties. L to R: Pheeny, Carly, Chi, Abella, and Lily.
Pheeny and Carly.
Source photos and alternate views:
Abella, Lily, and Chi.
Source photos and alternate views:
A few friends have requested that I make their cats as well, so there will be more of these in the future! Thanks for looking, and comments are always appreciated.
Here is my very first pair of socks! I knitted these in about a week. I used size 2 needles and Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn in Elderberry. I used the book Sensational Knitted Socks, and the cable pattern is called 3x3 Cable with Moss Stitch. I know it's hard to see the cabling because of the yarn color, but I promise they're there!
This was my first attempt at dyeing, and I must say I'm rather pleased. The yarn is worsted weight silk, and there are around 450 yards of it. I used Country Classic dyes in Raspberry, Cherry, and Deep Purple.
The undyed silk.
Preparing the silk for dyeing.
Painting the silk.
The finished product. I call the colorway Silkberry.
Not bad for a first attempt! I plan on making a hat and arm warmer set. Thanks for looking! ~Kero
Hello! This was my first time working with Sculpey (or any similar substance! I'm a knitter, I swear), and I'm really happy with the result. My girlfriend and I have five wonderful rats, and Nezumi (that's what she named him) is a wonderful addition to the family. He's about two inches high and painted with acrylic paints.
Ain't he cute? ^_^
Thanks for looking. Now I'm back to the knitting boards (for now)! ~Kero
Oh, Jayne hat, how I love thee. This is supposed to be Jayne Cobb's hat from the series Firefly. The pattern calls for wool or cotton, but I used Caron Simply Soft in Autumn red, mango, and lemonade (I know the colors aren't perfect, but I used what I had). This is a gift for a friend, and I'll try to get a picture of her wearing it. This was knitted on US #10.5 circulars. This was my first time picking up stitches and was the very first hat I ever started.
This is the first hat I've completed (I started one right before it but finished it afterwards).
Close-up on the butterflies.
My beautiful butterfly hat. I am sorely tempted to keep this, but I think I'm going to make one for myself in blue. This was knitted on US #5 and #7 circular needles. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft in Plum Wine. I love this hat SO much! It was so gratifying to knit those little butterflies!
Hello! These are my first, third, and fourth calorimetries (the second was posted with a matching scarf).
Here's the first one. I followed the pattern exactly and it turned out huge (I even knit a gauge swatch, which I NEVER do!) I knit this on US #6 needles with Bernat Softee Chunky. It lacks a button or woven in ends because I haven't decided whether I should frog it or not. My girlfriend has a big head and really likes it, so she may keep it instead.
This is the third one and the only one I made for myself. I used Noro Silk Garden and US #6 needles. This is my first non-acrylic project. My alterations: I cast on 106 stitches and used needles two sizes too small. Then I only worked about twelve or so short rows (When I got it half as wide as I wanted it, I started increasing again). It fits me perfectly!
My fourth calorimetry. I made this one for my girlfriend, Becky. I cast on about 112 stitches for this one. It looks great on her! I'll try to make her let me take a picture. I used Caron Simply Soft Deep Plum Heather on US #6s.
That's all for now! I promise my next post won't include calorimetries. ^^;;;; ~Kero
Okay, so I know that the "Windy City Scarf" technically belongs in the Stitch 'n Bitch forum, but since I'm posting it along with a calorimetry I thought it'd be okay to post it here.
I knitted this on US #7 needles (smaller than the pattern calls for) and I cast on a few extra stitches. I should have made it longer, but didn't realize that until I had already changed colors. I used Caron Simply Soft in Denim and Chocolate. This is a gift for a friend.
The scarf in all its glory.
A detail shot of the colors.
Now for the calorimetry... I edited the pattern so that it would actually fit me (this is only after a beautiful but failed first try). I cast on 106 stitches and used needles two sizes too small (US #6). Then I only worked about twelve or so short rows (I kind of just eyeballed it... When I got it half as wide as I wanted it, I started increasing again). It fits me perfectly! Too bad it's meant to be a gift. This is a fast knit, though, so I will certainly make more. This is done in the same Chocolate yarn as the scarf, and I plan on doing some Denim blanket stitching around the edges.