I apologize, this will be long-winded and picture obese!
I've been holding off to post halloween pics since we had some professional shots done of some of our outfits/makeup, but it doesn't look like i'll be seeing them for another week or so. so, before everyone forgets about halloween, here are a bunch of pics ^_^
we dressed up four times this year: for the zombie walk (which i already posted pics from); for a drag queen burlesque show/fundraiser; for general saturday-night-before-Halloween shenanigans; and for the Halloween late night showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show. My friends and I worked hard on our costumes, though none of us sew, so we had to do a lot of tracking down suitable pieces of clothing and altering/distressing them. anyway, here we go!
me and my boyfriend. same costumes we wore to the zombie walk, though i'm not wearing the mask so you can see my face in this shot, and upgraded with funky contacts! crafty credits: i did the makeup on both of us, i made the nurse hat from scratch, altered a tshirt dress by distressing the hell out of it with coffee, tea, food colouring and at least 3 different times of stage blood (also homemade!). i added the red cross logo and the hospital name from silent hill with iron-on transfers. used medical bandage tubing for arm warmers, and made a pair of tights to match the dress.
our favorite saturday night activity: slaughtering sexy nurses. crafty credits: here you can also see my bigass knife, which is a cheapy costume store prop, distressed with sandpaper, charcoal, several shades of ink and a mixture of white glue and food colouring to make the "wet blood".
a shitty picture, but i'm wearing the mask in this one. mask was made with the stuff they make casts from (gauze impregnated with plaster of paris... i think) and gauze, distressed with coffee, tea, food colouring and fake blood.
Brookhaven Hospital must have had some lab workers... so here we go. i did the makeup.
Mary Queen of Scots has lost her head... almost. She assembled her costume from bits an pieces found at Value Village, and i cut her throat ^_^
Our Columbia (also Silent Hill nurse). We made her hat with a FULL bottle of fabric glue and who knows how many meters of gold sequin trim. she also glued all the ribbons on her shorts and sequined her shoes.
Our Rocky (aka Silent Hill lab tech). gold shorts were from a coworker's daughter's ballet recital. we removed about 10lbs of gold tassel trim from them, then glued on the rhinestone "R". He also spray painted a pair of converse gold.
This shot was taken at the drag queen show... we wore our rocky costumes but they weren't quite complete at this point. i show this because its the best shot of the Frank's shoes, which took a long time to make. i painted the heels a high gloss white and painstakingly added white rhinestones to the heel, then my boyfriend used silver glitter on the rest of the shoe. i also made the pearl necklace, and assembled the costume from my lingerie drawer. i'm hoping to learn to sew this year so i can make him the proper Sweet T corset.
Frank (my boyfriend) and me as Magenta. Columbia (tattoo artist by day) did the Boss tattoo and I did all other makeup.
omg am i proud of this. I sewed that apron, first time sewing EVER!! i also killed the sewing machine i borrowed from mom doing it... i sewed and added the cuffs and collar to the dress (or shirt, depending on how you look at it). i would have killed for another 6" or so on the dress, but as i said, i killed the machine and all hopes of adding on some extra fabric.
the back... i'm proud of that apron, damn it! i also tracked down a fairly screen accurate feather duster in china town ^_^
Magenta's maid cap, made for me by Izzy55!
and the back... i also cut and styled the wig.
and this is a terrible photo of my Martha Stewart inspired werewolf (wererat, dragon, whatever... people see what they want) curtain that i made for the house. Martha's were of cool birds but i figured everyone would recognize them right away, so instead i did the monster design and used a red light source. its made from light weight cotton with black weed barrier fabric glued on. it took hours to make because, unlike martha, i had no chalk (nor a team of professional decorators), so i had to draw the design on big sheets of paper taped together, cut that out, pin it to the black stuff, cut that out then glue it on. it would have been so much simpler to draw on the black stuff with the damn chalk. the curtain was 74" long!
ok, there is more but i think i've wasted enough of all your time! hope you enjoy!