YAY! My first real post that's not a reply to something else!
So today I made a bag, based on this tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6530.0
I printed out the cover and back cover to the book "The Little Engine That Could" and then laminated then with that Therm O Bond stuff. The sides and bottom are four thicknesses of paper: a piece of scrapbook paper and three pieces of computer paper, glued together with a gluestick. The front and back are two thicknesses, the image and a piece of computer paper. Sewing it was a pain like no other, but it was worth it. I added grommets for the ribbon handles, which are very off center and backwards, but oh well. It will be used to carry my stuff to school, like a purse, only not.
My puppy, Toga inspecting the bag, to make sure it tastes good:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/bookwormbry/togaandbag.jpg
The bag, overall, with the ribbon handles and part of Toga's nose, unfortunately a very small picture:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/bookwormbry/bag.jpg
The inside, and part of my lovely houndstooth school uniform skirt:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/bookwormbry/inside.jpg
The side, lovely blue scrapbook paper:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/bookwormbry/bagside.jpg
And the back:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/bookwormbry/back.jpg
Fairly easy project, only took me an hour. If anyone has any tips on making the bottom corners easier to sew, I'd love to hear them!