Well, I finally made this AB bag from the pattern that I've had forever. I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out but the handles are a real pain to get right. I added an inside pocket but otherwise followed the pattern. I love this fabric and can't wait to use it for something else.
This is the first stuffy I've made on my own! I made a pattern using a piece of clip art that I love. I have a lot of tweaking I want to do on her, like make her bigger and rounder, but I'm pretty happy with the way she came out. Her eyes are felt but the rest of her is embroidered. I hope you like her
I experimented for awhile with this clutch and it went through several reincarnations before I figured it was done. I used fusible fleece for the interfacing and moleskin for the lining. I like the bakelite buckle - it's easy to put in and easy to use but I think if I did it again I would also put in a magnetic snap to make it more secure.
Here's a pic of the interior:
Nothing fancy here, just a simple little zipper pouch with a wrist strap but I love the fabric and was pleased with the way it came out so I'm posting that as well
The clover fabric is from several vintage napkins, the rest is new. It has a shoulder strap and handles.
This side has a big zip pocket and two patch pockets.
This side has a little velcro'd pocket and a small pocket behind it and two large patch pockets below. I also added a small loop about midway for keys and another wider loop below to hold a water bottle.
This is a separate zip bag I made to go with it:
One side of the interior is pink and the other green:
I wanted to make a bag with a ruffle around the top and this is what I came up with. It's the first time I've made a ruffle and I think I did it the hard way Here it is modeled by my daughter:
The ruffle fabric has little yellow gold dots on it that are hard to see in the picture. I made the pocket a little different this time. I made it like a zipper pocket but just didn't put in the zipper. I wanted an alternative to a patch pocket.
I made this bag using Kwik Sew pattern #3171. It was very easy, only 1 pattern piece cut 2 times on the fold and some darts at the bottom. I used some sale fabric on the outside, kind of a knit, and moleskin on the inside which has a wonderfully smooth hand. I hadn't been a big fan of this style bag before making it but now it's my favorite because it's so comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I hope you like it too
I played with this one a little bit and ended up covering my mistakes with buttons. Instead of knotted at the top I wanted it to be one solid piece; I tried it out too late in the sewing process though. I'll try it again another time and make the changes. The outer fabric on this one is upholstery fabric and the inner is moleskin again. I also added an inner patch pocket on this one.