My cousin and his wife had their first child in June. That side of the family all lives in Nebraska, so they're all Nebraska fans. I decided little Chase needed a baby blanket that showed his true colors and made my first attempt at intarsia. I used the chart generator that's in another thread, and created a pattern for the block 'N,' that I'm told does not actually stand for knowledge. I got out my 15s and started working, using stockinette for the red and reverse stockinette for the black. When it came off the needles, I was a little disappointed. It was kind of stretched out width-wise and a little distorted. I went back and forth on whether or not I would actually gift it as I drove the 4+ hours to that family Christmas. Turns out, that was enough time away from it, because when I looked at it once I arrived, I figured it was ok.
Obviously, there are thing's I'd do differently if I were try again. I'd probably use smaller needles and figure out what my gauge needs to be in order to get the right proportions. Fortunately, it's hard to mess up an N beyond recognition!