Lots of pretty yarns this week!! (well... every week really) It's been months since I've had a chance to spin. I finally found some time over the last week. I also dyed some mill ends with kool-aid.
Yarns From top to bottom:
Mill end rovings in brown still on the bobbins. I'm planning on plying these together.
.3 oz with 58 yards of thin and thin Blue and pink silk. My second experience spinning silk. I did better with this one, but it is still very hard for me to spin. This came as a freebie from an order.
.3 oz with 81 yards of very thin lace wt. Varigated purple silk. Spun from a silk cap. This was my first experience spinning silk.
1.1 oz with 31 yards of thick and thin. Llama spun with a cotton thread. The llama came to me in rolags. My first experience with rolags as well as with llama. I decided to spin it with some cotton thread to make it more stable. I actually tried to do core-spun with this. But, it looks more like a 2-ply
Mill ends dyed with kool-aid. I'm hoping to get these spun up for next week.