Ok, this challenge was just what I needed to get my crafty rear in gear. Traveled to a local Goodwill a couple weeks ago and this is what I came home with after much searching and worrying that I wouldn't finish before closing.
Total: $10.50. Once I got home the long sleeve yellow shirt looked too orange so it was put aside for a future project, back under budget. *whew*
Inspired by the print on the sheet and my desire to do a godet skirt as shown by juniper, I set to work. Here is my trusty duct-tape double, Pixie, modeling for me. (no one else was home to help me take pics, but on a happy note I realized that I am now a little smaller than Pixie..woo!)
Made a 6-panel skirt with the sheet, using the green polo for the godets. Side zip and waistband. Used both polo shirts for the top (not enough of either one do do my original plan) using a modified Kwik Sew pattern. Used the napkins, the sheet, and some of the yellow polo for the bag. Also used the green polo and the sheet to do a headband, but that is a pattern that needs some work.
Side view, showing the bag more.
Skirt waistband and zip, showing the topstiching
I used the buttons from the shirts to decorate the godet tops on the skirt. Also used one on the closure of the bag.
Back view. Looks a little odd on Pixie becuase of her little stub arms.
I have a couple more pictures on the project page on my site, just more detail stuff on the bag.