I finally finished my messenger bag that I had dreamed up in my head. I wanted it to take the place of our backpack/diaperbag thing for when we were out and about since I wear my dd on my back, I can't very well carry the backpack there as well. I needed something that would hold a change of clothes, activities, snacks and other odds and ends purses/diaper bags need.
I eneded up using a lot of different tuts from here to get exactly what I wanted. I know I probably won't get them all listed, but I'll list the main ones. I used http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=2684.0 for the general concept, but changed the dimensions to look more like the pink one shown here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=11808.0, in addition to using the zippered pocket (which rocked by the way). I also used http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=186144.0 for the adjustable strap along with various other techniques on adding the magnetic snap and pockets.
Outside pockets to hold cell/keys/Ipod
Picture of lining fabric and zipper pocket
Inside pockets: They are a little hard to see because they blend in with the fabric surrounding so well. But there are 3 pockets to the left of the picture. Sized for business cards, notepaper, and a pen. There are also elastic pockets on the inner sides (at the gussets).
Key fob detail and pockets again. The color is slightly off due to flash/no flash.
Adjustable strap detail:
I couldn't get a decent picture of it on me, but it might have turned out just a smidgen big, but when I needed to stuff if full this afternoon, it did the job. The bottom is leather (ripped from an old vest), the outsides are all black cordoroy (sp?) with the front being a detailed cord. The strap is cord and the adjuster was from an old belt I threw together about a decade ago.
I really feel awesome about how this turned out. I would do things in a different order next time, just to make things a little easier on my self (such as sewing pockets to gusset prior to sewing to bottom of bag/lining). I really had no idea what I was doing with the gussets so I was extremely satisfied when I turned it all right side out and it looked GOOD! The leather made it pretty hard to sew through too. All in all, I really didn't have too many problems with it, it just took a lot of time to think things through and try to do it in the right order and get the directions right.
Thanks for taking the time to look and thanks to all those who took the time to write up tuts so that I could make my bag!