Swap name:Make Me a Journal Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: IHearTreesCry
Sign-up date range:2/9/08-2/17/08
Date to send item by:3/3/08
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 (I'll close sign-ups early if we reach that limit)
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
All ages allowed? those under 18 please have parental permission!
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YESDetails of swap:Always wishing your swap partners would send you a journal or blank book? Do you love to write or draw or keep memories in blank books? Do you find yourself drawn to buy journals every time you see one (even though you already have 5 or 500 sitting at home)? Or do you just want to try your hand at bookmaking/binding? THIS IS YOUR SWAP!
You will be required to either construct or decorate a blank book for your partner (depending on his/her requests---I will try to match you up accordingly). If you and your partner decide to, you made make additional small items to compliment your blank book such as a bookmark, writing utensils, etc.
PLEASE make sure that you either know how to make or decorate a journal or you have a way to learn with ample time to craft. Martha has a pretty good video tutorial that helped me a lot:
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=b97041a967557110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&lnc=535a7dbc53cee010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=taxonomylist My rules:[/
* Put "Make Me a Journal Swap" in all PMs pertaining to this swap.
* Post in the thread at least once a week for duration of swap OR until BOTH you and your partner have sent and received (otherwise, poor communication will be noted in your feedback). I will be checking to see if you have posted on the following dates: 2/24,
* PM me and your partner ASAP if you have to send late.
* Buy a delivery confirmation or tracking # for your package and PM it to me and your partner when you PM to notify us that you sent.
* PM me and your partner when you receive and you must post pictures in the gallery or make arrangements for your partner to do so for you (make these arrangements BEFORE you send).
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (IHearTreesCry):
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
What would you use a blank book for? (journal, recipes, scrapbook, etc)
Do you have a preference between a handmade book or a storebought one decorated?
Would you prefer to make a book for your partner or buy and decorate one?
Anything your book MUST have? (lined pages, recycled paper, pg.#s, wraparound closure, place for pictures, etc.)
Anything your book MUST NOT have?
Anything else your partner should know about you in order to send you a great blank book?
Do you have a Wist or blog or Myspace or other helpful "stalking" site?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
good standingsentreceivedsent and receivedpoor communication-PM me!!!
feedback givensending late with communication craftybernie
half pint Ren