I love it ! Any chance you make a tutorial ?
I love this question! It's great to get people inspired! The only problem is that I can't really write a tutorial for it. The whole thing just happened! I'll do what I can.
1. I had seen coiled ring bands before but I'd never done it. I don't really have the tools to make it perfect so all I did was form a piece of scrap wire into a ring, slightly larger than the size I wanted it.
2. Then I wrapped the pink wire around and around until I covered all but the very top of the ring. (It leaves room for wrapping the beads so it doesn't get too bulky)
3. I wanted another color so I wrapped a long piece of gold art wire at the top. At this point I had four long ends of wire (two pink, two gold) ready to poke me in the eyes...
4. Then, I just put a few beads on one wire and wrapped it around the base of the ring as a starting point.
5. From there, I just continued stringing whatever beads onto whatever wire and wrapped it wherever I saw a space I could wrap it to. lol There was really no plan.
For me, the fun part was how I had the option to wrap a single wire into so many different places and each place would give me a different look.
That's as much of a tutorial as I can give you Weddy.
I hope you give it a shot! It's so much fun!
Feel free to ask me questions if I didn't make sense. It tends to happen. lol
Thanks a lot a_falsario !
I was wondering if the coiled wired was wrap around another wire or not ! Your explanation is perfect and opens my inspiration ! What a pity I won't have time before the holidays to have a try ("work that brings money goes before crafting thingies" is the mantra right now, you know...) !