Here's a quilt I just finished. I made the quilt top a couple weeks ago, and just got around to machine quilting (which proved to be quite troublesome) it and finishing it. I made it from about 6 fat quarters, and its about 40' by 40'. The backing was just some stuff I had lying around. The colors in the picture are almost accurate. The dark purple is not quite as blueish as it looks in the picture. Oh, no pattern was used. I just cut some triangles and played around with the layout. Constructing the top was easy. The machine quilting turned out to be trickier than I thought.
The heart fabric is the backing rolled to the front.