I'll answer my own questions now Enamel paint worked fine. It seems quite similar to nail polish (/ enamel!) but took longer to dry and produced a cool raised, shiny surface. However, some of the paint dripped and I cleaned it up with nail polish remover, which worked fine except it started to dissolve the camera plastic as well!! I wiped it off with water fast but the group picture icon was smeared.
I added pink and clear rhinestones to the trigger and the objective, and some silver stickers (one silver line, four corners) which I cut to fit.
I'm probably going to add black lace instead of the strap it came with.