I found this great Easter wreath tutorial ( http://debbie-doodlings.blogspot.com/2010/03/at-it-again-more-easter-egg-wreaths.html ) and decided to give it a whirl. Super easy. You just cut out a cardboard circle and then use a hot glue gun to stick the plastic eggs on, fill it in with that shredded plastic stuff, add a bow, et voila! But since I don't even know the name for the shredded plastic stuff, it might be advisable for you to visit this tutorial...cuz she's a little better at explaining it than I am! lol
I'm a knitter who's been wanting to learn how to crochet forever, so I learned how to crochet last week (well, I kinda knew how to do stitches but I never knew their names...not sure how that happened, but it did, and it made it impossible to follow a pattern). My friend's mom just sort of told me the names of the stitches. I went to the library and found the book Super Cute Crochet and set to work. Within two days, this pony was born. I must say...I'm pretty darn proud. Crochet shaping is so much easier than knitting shaping, and I think a little more effective. I think I've found a new addiction. (sigh - like I needed ANOTHER one!!!)
I painted this years ago. She was intended to be something else, and then I tried to correct it with a few brush strokes. I was ready to toss her when I looked again and saw that she was kinda cool. I named her Miss Shapen. I put her on ebay and she was bought by Nancy Juvonen...Drew Barrymore's business partner and best friend. I thought that was pretty cool.
Sorry! I was trying to rush through that! lol SS is stocking stitch. So two rows of stocking stitch then back to the see stitch. Although, you can just do seed stitch and omit the stocking stitch entirely, like I did in this unfinished one.
Okay, so yeah...I love cupcakes. I saw some cupcake dishcloths on ravelry and decided that I should do my own pattern. So I kinda just winged it. The cupcake cup is just a kk, pp (26 stitches) and then I joined in a yellow and 1 knit row and then seed stitch for an inch. I then did a ssk decrease. I did 2 rows of ss, then started the seed stitch again for one more inch. After that one inch, I started ssk decreasing at every edge till I had something like 6 or 8 stitches left, then I cast off. I crocheted a ruffle and a cherry, et VOILA! A cupcake dishcloth. It might be a little more fun doing the dishes now.