A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

  Show Images
Pages: [1]
1  25 cent Vest in Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed by kjsuttles on: January 29, 2011 11:01:13 AM
I bought this skirt at a yard sale with intentions of reconstructing it. I used every centimeter of fabric for this project!!
BEFORE

AFTER


http://greenbuggg.blogspot.com/2011/01/refashion-skirt-to-vest.html
Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
2  slacks reconstructed into a vest in Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed by kjsuttles on: January 22, 2011 01:20:38 PM
I had a pair of slacks that I turned into a vest using Simplicity pattern 2862. I don't have a pic of before - sorry  Undecided

http://greenbuggg.blogspot.com/2011/01/refashioned-slacks-into-vest.html
Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
3  Refashioned Tunic in Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed by kjsuttles on: January 12, 2011 04:57:30 PM
I bought a dress at a thrift store that was a bit too big for me. I chopped off the length and added more of the fake black camisole for more coverage. I also chopped off the sleeves.
http://greenbuggg.blogspot.com/

Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
4  Thrifted Dress To A Tunic in Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed by kjsuttles on: January 08, 2011 07:26:38 AM
I bought this dress at a thrift shop and turned into a tunic. I chopped off the length and sewed down the sides. I also added a piece of elastic for empire waist.
I love to wear this top!
http://greenbuggg.blogspot.com/
after

before
Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
5  Recycled flip flops in Shoes: Completed Projects by kjsuttles on: January 04, 2011 05:01:20 PM
I started off with a pair of flip flops and ribbon. I actually used a ribbon belt and cut the D-rings off.  I measured the amount of ribbon I needed and cut to that length. The bottom of the flip flop  had removable parts that I removed,  then fed the ribbon through and popped back on.
http://greenbuggg.blogspot.com/




Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
6  Reconstructed Liz Sweater in Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed by kjsuttles on: December 28, 2010 10:04:31 PM
I took 2 sweaters and combined into one!
I love the reconstructed one much better now.
More info on my blog: http://greenbuggg.blogspot.com/


Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
7  Upcycled Bathroom Mat in Crafty Housewares: Completed Projects: Reconstructed by kjsuttles on: December 27, 2010 07:03:30 AM

I cut strips of towels and fed them through a piece of canvas made for latch rugs. If you try this, you will need to make the holes in the canvas a bit larger to make it easier and hinged scissors. Check out my new website
Greenbug at http://greenbuggg.blogspot.com.
Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
8  Reconstructed mens shirt in Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed by kjsuttles on: July 26, 2009 10:26:37 AM
I finally did a reconstruct that I can actually wear!  It is hard to tell in the pictures, but I used elastic band to create a sort of empire waist line.
I ran out of grey thread and didn't get to stitch under the bias tape at the sleeves, but I kind of like it how it is.
It looks a little wonky on my homemade dress form!
Now on to reconstructing some tee shirts! Smiley


Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
9  Painted Hardwood Floor in Interior Decorating: Completed Projects by kjsuttles on: April 12, 2009 05:01:14 PM
Yes, I painted hardwood flooring. It was nice, but had some pet stains. I thought it might be easier than sanding. It was hard work, but it did come out nice. After looking at the samples at the hardware store, it looks like 'tigerwood' which runs about $8.00 a square foot. I did 2 rooms for approximate total cost of $200.00.

I did a light sanding, applied basecoat then used a glazing technique. I applied 3 coats of Varathane for durability. I let each coat dry for 24 hours.

before...the floor was previously painted...hence why i decided to paint instead of sanding : )  plus...i HATE to sand things.
basecoat
during (this is actually in the 2nd room - forgot to take action pic the first time). This process is really hard on the knees. If you tackle this, get a nice cushion. I ended up getting a garden stool with wheels : )
final product!!
Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
Pages: [1]


only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Patch, Clone and Heal in Photoshop
How to Selectively Colorize an Image in Photoshop Part 1
How to make Lenoir Lashes in Photoshop - Part 1
Healing Hair Chore for Photoshop
How to Green Screen Extract Wispy Hair in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2014, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.