What are you making for this year's holidays? I haven't saw a thread started for this year, and I want to get started...
Post your lists for ideas/suggestions. Black=ideas
, green = supplies bought/work in progress, red=doneMY LIST FOR 2015:ADULTS
3 memorial candles made with the embedded tissue paper technique. (for sister, mom,
aunt, great aunt,
+ one to keep) http://www.discountqueens.com/candle-image-transfers-perfect-mothers-day/
-Stenciled shirt (superhero or funny) for BIL, may buy instead-Painting (for my dad)
-Gift for my dad's December birthday (not sure yet) KIDS
Son #1- 4.5 yrs old: abc puzzle, number puzzle, robotic claw grabber thing
Son #2- 3 yrs old: Dino puzzle, robotic claw grabber thing
Son #3- he's due nov: OS cloth diapers for him to grow into
and a few small stroller toys.
Nephew- 4 yrs old:
- 2 nephews (around 7 & 9 yrs old.)
- 2 young daughters of a cousin's gf, if they are still together at christmas.
*Gifts my kids will make to give away, not sure what yet. CHARITABLE:
not sure what I'll do yet, suggestions welcome.
I've decided to put together a holiday basket for one of the local shelters, aka the dog warden. Ours is ran solely on donations/grants. They have a wishlist and we'll be putting together items for that nov-dec. GENERAL HOLIDAY TO DOs:
-"Cookies for Santa" plate
-Kid-friendly ornaments, probably from felt.
- Stocking for son#3
- Christmas Cards
- Various Holiday Baking
- Cemetery decorations, like a headstone saddle for my grandparents gravesite. Non-crafted gifts:
- Bone, toys, etc for our dog
- Gift-cards for my 2 stepsonsFamily I still have no ideas for...Primarily because they don't need/want anything
- My love
- Best Friend B- will be shipped (I'm in OH, she's in Cali)
- Cousin's Boyfriend. FINISHED!!!- Sister: Clear Lokai bracelet, Black Slouchy beanie, 2 candles- Mom: Blue Lokai bracelet, 2 sport bras- Best friend M: Pink Lokai bracelet - Best friend J: Clear Lokai bracelet - Niece J (5 or 6?): Bath-set I think? Don't remember! Had my mom pick this gift up for me- Niece M (1): Toy- Aunt: Coffee cup with an "M" *Bought clearanced at Michaels* to be paired with Candle and Fuzzy Socks!
(like a mini comfort themed basket- may add coffee/creamer later)- Great Aunt & Great Uncle: Contents for 1 couple giftbasket> 2 Bath & Body Works handsoaps clearanced for her (her fav soap brand), one "S" coffee mug for him *Bought clearanced at Michaels*, & 2 candles may add food items later, nothing sugary because of her diabetes. maybe nuts or something snacky.