Finished everyone on my gift list, except 1-2 men and stocking stuffers for my littles. Still have general to-dos. Will probably make the stocking for baby boy #3 soon and the gravesite decor. I really want the gravesite decor done before my son is born. We'll see.
Running out of time before he's here. DUE in FIVE DAYS!!!! Yikes. I need to finish finish finish finish!!!
I've finished most of my christmas gift-list. Changed my mind and omitted quite a bit, too. Making great progress for the first time in years! Baby is due in less than 2 weeks- so I'd say I'm right on track as far as advanced holiday-planning.
I still have to cross these off the list:
1. All but one of the men 2. 1 adult woman because I have to ship her gift across the country 3. General holiday to-dos.
toearthwithlove, here's my past well-received handmade gifts for the men:
1- food related baskets: SNACKING: beef jerky, salsa, popcorn, nuts (especially cashews), etc. SNACKING version 2: summer sausage, crackers, with cheese spreads. GRILLING THEME: grilling rubs paired with bbq sauces. SWEETS: cookies, brownies, chocolates, etc. 2. stenciled shirts 3. etched glasses/shotglasses
I do have a few more things I have figured out for holiday gifting. (I'm going to edit my list)
1. The sibling gifts (including nephew) gift exchange- where the little ones make gifts for each other. I have decided that the perfect "gift" for them to make for each other will be a "beginner rock collection" in a decorated bag. I collect small tumbled crystals. My kids and my nephew all take my collection and they make up little games with them, because they are beautiful colors and etc.
Anyways, I'm going to take them each (2 sons & 1 nephew) at different times to the local health food store to let them pick out a few crystals special for their person, that they will put into a decorated muslin/cotton bag. The purchased crystals are super affordable, some may even be $0.50 or less, since they are sold by weight. It's something they will all love! Each will pick out 3-5. So, they will end up with about 6-10 each- not too bad, considering their ages. But, it's also a gift that they could add to each year if they wanted to.
2. I'm adding twistable crayola crayons & an adult coloring book (was $4 at fivebelow) for one best friend. She's had a rough year and currently is taking care of her mother too. She was at my house yesterday coloring with my kids and mentioned how peaceful she felt for the first time since her dad passed (in Feb or march). So, that's why I think it's a wonderful idea for her. She'll still get her Lokai bracelet too.
3. I finished 3 kiddos off the extended family gift list over the weekend! yay
I'm knocking quite a bit off of my list, thanks to co-ops I'm in (authentic lokai bracelets for $2 each, which are all donations to charitable organizations. no way i'm passing that up)
& a closeout $1 sale at a local discount store rounded off a couple more gifts. Even picked up my sister's birthday gift (10/29) from that sale. I'm going to come in so under budget. & considering I'm officially 8 months pregnant- I'm happy with the idea of not having a massive craft list.
Mosquitos are really bad this year and everyone keeps asking me for my homemade moisturizing itch cream. I think I might make some for everyone. Use on bug bites to neutralize the itch or on dry skin to stop the itching/flaking. It's the best, in my opinion. & Then, they have them and I don't have to make all year round.
Mix some coconut oil with a few drops of tea-tree essential oil. Stir. That's it.
I think I do about 1-2 tbs coconut oil + 2-3 drops teatree essential oil. I mix them up as I go, aka when someone asks. I always have the ingredients on hand. I bought little reusable snack bowls from the dollar tree to package them (pk of 10 for $1. They come in square or round shapes). Those are the containers I give to them throughout the year, if I go the gift route... I would use larger containers or a set of several small containers. Mostly so I don't have to make them year round; which is what I do now for my family/friends lol.
- Decorated tea towels or handtowels I'll add these into a couple holiday basket. Several ways to do this. Embroider, stitch interesting fabric onto them, or the easiest...
Buy "flour sack towels" from walmart $4.88/5 they are 30x30". Wash + Iron. Print out a quote, image, monogram, etc. Place behind the flour sack towel. Use a fabric marker and trace. You could also use stamps with fabric paint. OR use 1 part fabric paint to 2 parts water, stamp or paint design to get a "washed out look". heat seal in the dryer! Iron and fold, wrap with ribbon or a cigar-band style cardstock label.
What are you making for this year's holidays? I haven't saw a thread started for this year, and I want to get started... Post your lists for ideas/suggestions.
Black=ideas, green = supplies bought/work in progress, red=done
MY LIST FOR 2015:
Family I still have no ideas for...Primarily because they don't need/want anything
- My love --- idk if we will exchange gifts or not - Cousin's Boyfriend. - hat with local minor league hockey team
UPDATE!!! Adding these to my to do list: "Warm & cozy mistle-toes all winter long" setwith foot cream, foot soak, fuzzy socks, may add a foot scrub since I have the supplies (just need containers for them) 1. Best Friend J (to go with her bracelets) 2. Son's Pre-k Teacher 3. Son's Paraprofessional. (might make a mini "pamper your mistletoes kit," not sure
*Gifts my kids & nephew will make: For each other: "Beginner rock collection" in a decorated muslin/cotton bag. Actually small tumbled crystals. Probably 3-5 stones per bag. decided to skip it this year
GENERAL HOLIDAY TO DOs:
- Stocking for son#3 - Cemetery decorations, like a headstone saddle for my grandparents gravesite. - Various Holiday Baking - Oatmeal nobake cookies (several batches), Oreo truffles, probably choc chip cookies, peanut butter cookies - meat/cheese/cracker/cookie tray etc (family tradition on the night of Christmas)
- Bone, toys, etc for our dog - Gift-cards for my 2 stepsons
**Son #1- (4.5): slippers, playdough, bath soaps, some toys **Son #2- (3): slippers, playdough, bath soaps, some toys **Son #3- due nov 27: OS cloth diapers for him to grow into, dino stuffy, bathsoap/diapercream for stocking
- Nephew J (4 yrs old): Toy and superhero mask - Niece J (5 or 6?): Bath-set - Neice M (1): Stuffies and toy - 2 nephews (around 7 & 9 yrs old.) bath sets
- Sister: clear bracelet, blue bracelet, Black Slouchy beanie, initial coffee cup, black slippers - Mom:beige slippers, 2 sport bras - Best friend M: Pink bracelet, adult coloring book, - Best friend J: Clear bracelet, blue bracelet might add a sugar scrub - Best friend B: Clear bracelet She'll be flying back home so her gift needed to be small for travel
- Aunt: initial Coffee cup, lotion, Fuzzy Socks! - Great Aunt: 2 Bath & Body Works hand soaps (Clearanced / her fav soap brand), beige slippers
- Great Uncle: initial coffee cup - Dad:Soaps, slippers - BIL:Superhero shirt, cologne
....not sure what I'll do yet, suggestions welcome. I've decided to put together a holiday basket for one of the local shelters, aka the dog warden. Ours is ran solely on donations/grants. They have a wishlist and we'll be putting together items for that nov-dec.Sponsoring a local child in need for christmas