I had the body made for while, with no real idea what do do with it, but as soon as I gave her hair with the inly suitable yarn I had, my husband started calling her Khaleesi. So, though Daenerys is far from my favourite character, I thought I would make a Khaleesi doll.
The doll is a modified Patti Medaris Culea body with a poppet head. The dragon is polymer clay.
I am in the middle of making a Brienne, basically so I can do the armour. Thanks for looking.
I am planning a quilt for a pregnant co-worker, and always fancied having a go at a puff quilt. I thought I'd try a pillow first, just to try out the technique.
It turned out okay (okay enough that I plan on going ahead with the actual quilt), but I learned to sew all the squares together before I stuff. Sewing stuffed squares together was a bit of a challenge.
I'm sick of looking at all my naked dolls and am now setting about dressing them.
I'm starting with trying to knock up a dress pattern for a poppet & because I want the clothing fairly tight, It's difficult to make it all in one piece and then dress the doll. A tight waist doesn't go over her childbearing hips or her fat head, and tight sleeves don't go over her big fat hands. But if I dress her in pieces & sew the clothing right to her body, I feel like I'm cheating, especially as I'm trying to improve my skills & seem a bit more professional. So what do you all do? Do you sew the clothing right to the body, or do you make the clothes separately & dress the doll
I want to make a Raggedy Andy doll, but I need to know what the back of his head looks like. It has been many years since I had one, but I seem to remember that the yarn hair was sewn into the seam all around the head, like so:
Is there any hair on the back of the head and if so, what does it look like & how its it attached? If anyone has a doll or a pattern they could look at, it would be much appreciated.
I've always like the look of the rag quilt & had an idea to make a denim one for the bed, but it seemed daunting. So when DH's niece announced she was expecting, and I was obviously going to make something anyway, I decided to do a rag quilt to test the idea out.
The piecing and sewing went rather quickly. I actually had it completed a few days after buying the material. Cutting the fringe however.... And it wasn't a large quilt either. But I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out and learned a lot for my large denim one. Here's a pic of the back:
My little visitor is returning home this week & I wanted to do a small photo album to accompany her. I first saw this done at Maker Faire a couple of years ago. It was 2 x 2 inches but I wanted to make it a little bigger. Mine is 5.5 inches square.
This is it all folded up
This is it partially unfolded. If you have good eyes, you can see how the folds go, but if you can't, just Google squashbook & you will be hip-deep in tutes. The good thing is that though I have done it with three squares of card, it could theoretically extended indefinitely.
To the six people to whom this will be relevant, welcome. To the rest, there is a Canadian SF/Horror show (really, it defies description) called Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. DH and I always like to take something to our local SF con for the model show and the Book of Pure Evil seemed a good choice this year
The base is a hollow book shaped box we found at Michael's, and the rest is polymer clay, podgy, plaster & paint. Just like the real Book of Pure Evil, the pentagram lights up in a sinister manner.