There is so much great stuff being swapped!! I love the fabrics, but that clown thing scares the begeezus out of me!
I received today too, from TheSaphpireMoon!!
There was no way to get everything in one photo!
Loving the fabric doll! I may try to do that this afternoon, while tyke's asleep.
A very blurry pic, but hope you can see everything:
You'll not believe, but I definitely have plans for that clothesline cotton! I can use it for drawstring bags!! (Seriously, I am excited about it!) Also, a bunch of hangtags for altering! I'm doing a craft fair in a few weeks...these will definitely come in handy!
This one shows the great daisy fabric, spongebob, a tiny bit of the crazy log cabin-like fabric, and the hardrock tshirt! There's also a plain black shirt for reconning. Yay!!
One more picture: this is my tyke at my older dd's wedding. TheSapphireMoon made the headband!
Sorry it's so small....it's cropped from a family portrait.
Check it out! Look what adding sleeves can do for a plain onesie.
And a little scrap on the font to show off the red trike:
And since Owen's mom said I could, here's an action shot. (Isn't he the most adorable tyke?!)
I love the bike fabric (JoAnn's), and thought it would be cute for a little tyke. Sent it to my partner in the "A Week of Onesies" swap (the gallery is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=262918.0). You can see the other onesies I did, and more action pics of the adorable Owen.
This is what I did to add the sleeves:
Trace the sleeve piece of an appropriate sized pattern (I used an Ottobre shirt pattern). Since the onesies were 12month, I used a 74 pattern.
Carefully stitch/serge it to the inside, on the seam allowance, *at the shoulders*. This way, they are part of the onesie but separate from the original sleeve.
Then I serged the length of the sleeve after sewing it on to the onesie. Turned the hem and faux twin-needle stitched. (Someday I'll have a coverhem machine.)
Clear as mud?
Probably easier the second time around. We'll see, because I definitely want to do it again.
A new tote bag for tyke's first day back to Montessori. Last year I made a tote bag for each month. This year, well, I *really* like this fabric, so she may use this one for the fall, at least.
The corduroy is Sandra Boynton "pigs in space" -- okay, I don't know if that's the name of the print, but there are pigs on it, and they are in space. Just for fun, I have the cords running East/West, instead of North/South, so that I could utilize the selvedges -- the white. IKEA green hippo fabric for lining.
This thing is huge -- about 14" wide by 18" tall, plus handles and the gussets (making it about 2" deep). There's a package of disposable training pants, a gallon ziploc with a change of clothes, three diapers and a to-go packet of wipes in that bag, and it's not even close to being full!
I still need/want to move the handles. They're too far apart on each side, since I set them in from the edges instead of measuring between them. (insert eyeroll here) All in all it's a terribly cute bag and I'm very happy with it. Trying to move a little out of my comfort zone, as far as colors/styles. Normally wouldn't have used the bright green interior fabric with the deeper tones on the front, but the hippos tie it all together!
Back to Montessori! Today was tyke's first day back - she was a trooper. She's 2.5years. Last year she was crying every day. For a long time every day. Today, she's queen of the room. Seriously, she's the oldest in the toddler room, and there are only two other kids who were in that classroom last year.
She's wearing a size 98/104 Anna, cut to shirt length. It is just a little big. I really like making these as tops, instead of dresses. She seems to get a lot more wear from them.
This is made with the IKEA fabric we bought in Scotland, and some rescued fabric purchased from a thrift store sometime in the last year (I have six more yards of it!). The blue really sets off the red, and vice versa.
Anyway, you don't want to hear about that, you want to see the 'stuff'!
Here's handsome daddy and adorable tyke, arriving at the school:
Okay, so you can't actually *see* the IKEA fabric. It's there. Trust me. It's the back of the dress, and the applique on the front.
I haven't posted in this forum in quite a while, but wanted to share my latest recon. This bag was fun to do! The American Eagle bag came from a local thrift store....excellent condition, but *boring* brown. Added the strip of Amy Butler "charmed" fabric, a little bit of bias tape, and ta-da!
Thank you cheytown, again, for the fab instructions!!
This is my latest. Usually I look for a man's shirt with a wide yoke, without the underneath pleat, but this time I used a woman's XL, zippered front shirt, linen/rayon blend fabric. The zipper didn't run from top to bottom, the shirt had a sort of "v" at the top and "^" at the bottom. I used them to my advantage. I also cut the yoke so it had a slight rise at the center, to avoid the necessity of a lace/pleat panel.
The dress could be worn either way (zipper front or back), but dh prefers the zipper in the back, so that's how it's shown here.
As modeled by my rather uncooperative tyke:
and as modeled by my somewhat more cooperative bed:
This shows the inside of the back.
A rolled hem looks cute:
And a close up of the buttons and zipper. You can also see my rather wonky contrast stitching.