thanks for replying! that helps, somewhat, but i guess i already knew that i needed a dress form (or at least that it would help significantly) but i don't have the money for one.
duct tape dress form you say? i must know how to do this....!
anyway, as far as a belt goes, one of the attaching-top-to-bottom-mistakes severely messed up the zipper all the way down the back too, so i'm not sure that will help because the zipper in the back now looks like this:
| | | | \ \ \ \
haha. funny illustration, but do you know what i mean? it's unfixable really unless i take the whole thing apart, which i'm not sure i care to do.
wow, those beads looks great! The colors turned out good; the red is very bright. Liked your blog, too!
thanks! i really had quite a good time making them, and when my boyfriend got home from work and saw that i was melting things over a candle with his tools he got really concerned that i had severely and finally fallen off my rocker! but then i explained and he even helped make them. he made the really cool solid red one and the nice looking silver one, he's much more patient with the melting than i was, but i was way excited, so i will be more patient next time so that they look really nice like his.
i love this pattern as fabric, but i agree that it would be gagtastic as sheets!
and there's so much of it, maybe i can still make a dress out of the pillowcase i have left.
hmmm....give me an idea, i have a sweet star wars sheet set i got at a thrift store a while back and it has a pillowcase with it! it has the star wars logo thing and all the ships from the movie, like the millenium falcon and the death star and stuff.
man, that would make a kick ass dress if i could work it right.
i just melted them over a candle with a pliers and a wire cutters to hold the bead coils together before they melted, and they turned out beautifully! i am amazed, because usually i am really craft-retarded when it comes to new things, and it takes me a bunch of times before i get it. i only wasted two beads because i set them on fire! oops!
anyway, have a look!
and these are my favorites (omg ignore the nasty white legs and chipping nailpolish on my toes...and the awkward position of my feet, i was trying to get the beads in focus on my hand...i will pay more attention to the background next time i take pics of stuff...)
so i have tried to make three different dresses now, and i have concluded that i am dress-retarded.
for one i used a pattern, and one i was following a tutorial on here and the third i made myself from scratch.
they look fine and everything goes perfectly until i need to sew the bodice piece to the skirt piece. (and attach the zipper in the back)
it seems that no matter how many times i measure the waist, the two pieces that need to fit together end up being different circumferences and i can't attach them because one piece (usually the bodice waist circumference) is bigger around than the other and i get a weird gapping section when i pin it or sew it together and i can't ever get the two pieces to line up.....
i'd really love to make dresses! but for some reason this keeps happening!