To start, my favorite one:
I probably won't wear it closed like that, but for knitterly showing off, it's there. Blame the squint on the sun being in my face and the smirk on the photographer and feeling like a dork standing in the driveway for after work for a photo.
Yarn: Caron Kolor Match, a discontinued yarn from my stash
Needles: US 13 circular
1. Provisionally cast on for the center rectangle, knit in feather and fan until it was long enough.
2. Picked up the cast on and continued in the round, adding increasing pattern wedges between each pattern repeat until the stitch count doubled, bound off.
3. Tried it on, figured I made the rectangle a bit long, sewed up a couple inches of the armhole.
4. Tossed it in the washer with lots of softener and a prayer to the gods of old scratchy acrylic.
It's actually all soft and squishy now.
As per usual with me and feather and fan I forgot to take some of its nature into account and therefore cannot really recommend this method with this stitch. The cast on area has bubbles in the k2tog sections because of the change of direction. As a result there is a definitely "neck edge" on this shrug since the easiest way to deal with the bubbles is just to fold the collar back at that point.
Modified from Yarn Harlot's "An Unoriginal Hat
" pattern. I made it to use up some bits of left over yarn and had just
enough black (and had to frog an abandoned project to get enough of the gemstone.
Yarn: Caron Kolor Match (the small ball left from the shrug), and Red Heart Super Saver in gemstone ombre
Needles: US 13, 2 circulars
Modifications: I cast on 70 stitches (5 repeats) and worked row 14 from the chart, then rows 14-16, 1-16, 16, 16-19, one row of knitting the knits and purling the purls, 20, and a row of k2togs. I had just enough black for this or I would have made it about 4 rows longer.
Same pattern obviously.
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver "Aspen Print", double stranded from the two ends of the skein
Needles: US 11
Modifications: Cast on 70 stitches for 5 cable repeats in the round, added a round of k2togs at the end.
Four rows too long this time. If I make another (and I probably will next winter) I'll omit rows 6 and 8 from the chart.
My first sock-like objects. First short rows too.
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver "Gemstone" ombre
Needles: US 4 DPNs
Pattern: just winged it
I was over zealous in making sure the ankles wouldn't be too tight, but they fit and stay on so it's good enough.
My second Trinity Stitch Hat (pattern by BreadnBadger
). And the front and "side" of the first in thumbnails.
1st photo, second hat:
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver "Monet" ombre
Needles: US 5 DPNs ("provisional tail" tubular cast on with #4 straights), US 8 circulars (2) and DPNs
Yarn: Bernat Super Value "Denim Ombre"
Needles: US 5 DPNs, US 8 circulars (2) and DPNs
Time line on these... well the slippers were my first non-scarf project after I resumed knitting this past summer. From my blog posts it seems I knitted them in September and October. The last thing knitted was the Aspen Unoriginal hat, I knit that this past Friday evening and Saturday. The shrug was an on and off project for January/February (a distraction from my still waiting to be frogged Cherie Amour). Hats are always my "leave by the PC and knit on them when I have time" projects.