I love making costumes, they're my favorite thing to make and I'm always searching for new excuses to make them.
These are the latest I've made.
The first is my costume for the Renaissance Pleasure Fest. I'm not sure if the color was a good choice in terms of accuracy, but I'm happy with it, especially considering I made it in about three days before we left. The whole thing was made without a pattern..or even measuring. I just cut and go.
The corset is the first I've ever made. I used zip ties for boning, but they were too short so I arranged them in "v" shapes which I think I now prefer. The back unfortunately closes with a zipper since I didn't have any grommets on hand or time to go get any. But! It fit perfectly and was much more supportive than I expected it to be.
The skirt is just a simple gathered a-line with a faux underskirt. I wore two tu-tus underneath to give it volume.
This one shows the boning on the corset best.
Finished! I must say though, it looks odd on the mannequin, especially the corset. Unfortunately I don't have any action shots. Also, oh nooo wrinkles.
Next is Titania. It was for a class project and is nothing special. Besides the wings, I through the whole darn thing together the night before class, and it shows. Me and my procrastinating..
However, I got a lot of positive feedback, and I love how sparkly it is.
I never made wings before, but it was really fun and I plan on making more, better ones in the future.
I apologize about the photos...
(Ignore the fabric on the neck..)
Thanks for looking!