I spoke too soon.... But NOW I have pictures!! (Bad phone pictures though, my camera is MIA :C)
First is the box. I absolutely LOVE this box. It's already filled with some of my junk. When I joined this swap, I had a decoupage box in mind, so I was super excited to see this!
Next are the extras! The Raging Sloth sent me a lovely Phantom of the Opera hoop, a mini tricorn hat, a cute tiny picture frame (which is bothering me since I can't decide what to put in it!), wooden buttons, and stickers.
I really love the hoop, I think I have to learn now.
I got this machine about a year ago, but I am still very much a beginner and I never completely got the hang of it. However, it seemed to work fine anyways until lately. Now, the underside of the seam (chain?) is making these weird big loops. I have checked and rechecked the threading to make sure I did it right, and I've tried all sorts of tension settings but they're still there. Any ideas what the problem could be? I know it's not a great machine but I don't think it's broken, I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something wrong.
Here's what it looks like, and these are actually not as bad as they have been. :/ Used with 4 threads.
Hello. :3 There has never been a band shirt in my possession that hasn't gotten transformed in one way or another, whether it be pillows or even destroying the entire thing and keeping the logo. Or in this case, dresses!
Hellooooo. I love making costumes, they're my favorite thing to make and I'm always searching for new excuses to make them. These are the latest I've made.
The first is my costume for the Renaissance Pleasure Fest. I'm not sure if the color was a good choice in terms of accuracy, but I'm happy with it, especially considering I made it in about three days before we left. The whole thing was made without a pattern..or even measuring. I just cut and go. The corset is the first I've ever made. I used zip ties for boning, but they were too short so I arranged them in "v" shapes which I think I now prefer. The back unfortunately closes with a zipper since I didn't have any grommets on hand or time to go get any. But! It fit perfectly and was much more supportive than I expected it to be. The skirt is just a simple gathered a-line with a faux underskirt. I wore two tu-tus underneath to give it volume.
Pictures! During construction...
This one shows the boning on the corset best.
Finished! I must say though, it looks odd on the mannequin, especially the corset. Unfortunately I don't have any action shots. Also, oh nooo wrinkles.
Next is Titania. It was for a class project and is nothing special. Besides the wings, I through the whole darn thing together the night before class, and it shows. Me and my procrastinating.. However, I got a lot of positive feedback, and I love how sparkly it is. I never made wings before, but it was really fun and I plan on making more, better ones in the future.
Lately I've been making purses like a madwoman! >: D They're nothing extravagant but I'm happy with them, and they take me less than an hour to finish now. These are all custom orders my friends wanted. Each purse is lined with black flannel, has one zippered inside pocket (I finally figured out how to do them right..), a Velcro closer, and a flexible plastic purse base.
On to the pictures! (Which aren't too attractive..since my good camera broke!)
I had more..but I sold them before I got pictures.
I hope I did everything right, I haven't posted in ages.
My prom was weeks and weeks ago, but I'm finally posting it :] (Hopefully I do this right...) Not my first dress, but I guess it's my first gown..if there's a difference. I got the gold fabric and a "Home Fabric" store, so I'm assuming it's for curtains..but that's just too bad because now it's a dress. I made the skirt with a costume pattern, the bodice with a dress pattern, and that little corset thing I made myself. I don't remember the pattern names, but I can go find them if anyone is interested. :] I also made my boyfriend a matching jabbot collar..which I forget to take a picture of. Oh! And before I forget, I had just got this mannequin (hooray for Gottchalks going out of sale!), so I quickly was taking pictures of everything I made on it. Since I was doing it quickly my dress looks a little sloppier than it is. The black over skirt is actually almost perfectly symmetrical. And the bodice isn't really lumpy.
ANYWAYS! Picture time. Sorry for no action shots..I only got one and I look horrible! It hardly shows to the dress anyways
The Beast. (Which I've just realized is in desperate need of a good ironing.)