I've been following this thread for quite a while, and now I get to finally throw my hat in the ring! My boytoy proposed a few weeks ago, and we're planning on a sunset lakeside wedding in Canada, eh, September 2008.
Here's my to do list:
- save the dates
- booklet invitations and rsvp cards
- cake topper (teeny tiny muskoka chairs)
- cookie / candy table (as an alternative to cake)
- screenprinted out of town bags
- coordinating clutch purses for my bridesmaids
and the biggie...
- my wedding dress! I'll save you my rant on wedding dresses being ridic
expensive for what they are, and just go with my second reason, which is that it will be an incredibly personal addition to the day. I've been sewing for years, so I know I'll be technically able to do it... still a little scary, though.
My mom - who taught me everything I know about sewing - is going to be helping me make bridesmaid dresses.
Instead of a guest book, we're asking guests to draw a loon on the back of their RSVP card to display at the reception.
My only problem with planning so far is that I have enough ideas for at least a dozen weddings! I'm trying very hard to consolodate it into only one.
Good luck to all the other crafty brides here... and thanks for all the inspiration!!