I had been eying this pattern
for awhile and finally decided to cast on. I used less then 1 skein of Noro Kureyon sock yarn, which I won't be purchasing again.
I made quiet a few modifications to the original pattern. It's listed for a longer foot then my US sized 7.5-8 and I still had to lengthen the foot, changed when I did decreases, changed the heel and toe as well as the under foot. If you have ravelry I have notes on there as to what I changed how and where.
Cast on: late evening July 9th
Cast off: early am July 18th
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock
needle size: 2.25mm (us size 1)
yardage: 346 yards
fits size: us woman size 8
You can see a shadow on the top as they are a little large around the calf and ankle and if I made this pattern again I would modify it further.
These are a modular sock very structured when finished and there isn't a lot of give so they appear larger then they are when off the foot.
And just for fun the original skein to show the colors on the skein and how they came out on the sock as I didn't work the colors on purpose to be each diamond, I just followed the pattern and it happened due to the long color repeats in Noro.
Let me know what you think
Then here are 2 other pair I finished off in the past couple of weeks
For my husband
Cast on: June 10th
Cast off: June 16th
Yarn: Panda Silk
needle size: 3.25mm (us size 3)
yardage: 230 yards
fits size: us mens size 11
And these I started a long long time ago and never finished so picked back up sock #1 and finished off sock #2 a week later.
Cast on: October 2007
recast on: July 2nd
Cast off: July 8th
Yarn: Panda Cotton
needle size: 2.75mm (us size 2)
yardage: 340 yards
fits size: us womans size 8